I am beyond thrilled to announce that I LAUNCHED my MidCentury Modern Online Quilt Class! This is an On Demand Quilt Workshop — you have immediate access to all of the course videos and materials immediately after you register. You can view the video tutorials as soon as you register and view them at your leisure.
Meanwhile, here is a preview of the MidCentury Modern Curves Online Quilt Class.
You can download the Supply list HERE. MCM Supply List 5-28-2020
This online class is an expanded version of my very popular in person workshop where my students learn all about cutting and sewing curved blocks and using them to make really unique modern quilts.
In this online quilt class, here’s what you will learn:
- Best techniques for painlessly cutting and sewing quarter circle curved blocks
- Tips for selecting fabrics for a modern look–including how to use what’s in your stash
- How to ‘do improv’ — I demonstrate many techniques to guide you in making improvisational blocks with confidence
- How to know when your improv block is finished–what to look for and how to make that decision
- Tips for quilting with a modern look
- Using pieced and faced bindings for a modern finish
Click Here for the waitlist! Space will be limited in this class so that I can coach and support everyone.
Hours of Instruction
The workshop has over 5.5 hours of step-by-step demonstrations and a companion workbook and full patterns.
The workbook and patterns include:
- Fabric requirements for multiple quilt sizes, table runners and placemats
- Space for note taking while you watch each demo module
- Detailed layouts for the quilts and other projects–and tips for improvising your own layouts
Private secure online classroom: Available 24/7
I will run the class on Kajabi.com. It’s a private, online classroom site so no worries about signing into other locations. Watch the class on your own time and at your own pace. You can go back and rewatch any of the modules whenever you want. And, all videos and materials will be available forever on this platform when you register and pay for the course.
You will be able to contact me through this site if you have questions about the class, or if you just want to chat about what you are making. I’ll have an option for you to send me images of your finished projects too. I love seeing student work–here are some examples.
Who Should Take this Class?
I have had all levels and types of quilters take this workshop with success.
You will enjoy this class if you are this type of quilter:
- If you are a confident beginner with knowledge of basic quilting skills (sewing a quarter inch seam; using a quilter ruler and rotary cutter; basic knowledge of straight stitch sewing on your machine). In other words, if you have made a few quilts using basic blocks or following a quilt pattern, then jump right in!
- If you are a traditional quilter looking for fresh ideas–and feeling curious about modern quilting
- If you are a modern or contemporary quilter interested in gaining new or additional knowledge of improvisational piecing
- If you are a quilter curious about a new approach to making curved blocks in a fun, stress-free way
And, this course is definitely for you iff you are a quilter interested in a guided approach to improvisational quilting that launches your own creativity.
No Curved Piecing Skills Needed
What you don’t need to know is how to make a curved block (also know as Drunkard’s Path) in the traditional way. There are wonderful curved block patterns — but most of them require you to buy (or make) and use templates.
You will not need ANY templates or special rulers for this class. In fact, if you know how to make curved blocks using templates, you can (sort of) forget what you know!