In 2019, I had a great team of testers work on my Fractured Triangles Pattern. I felt so honored that they chose to work with me. Their feedback helped me improve several parts of the pattern.
Some (but not all) pattern designers offer the opportunity to test their upcoming patterns. We value the feedback because it helps us catch any errors BEFORE we release the pattern to the world.
We also get to see our pattern in fabric that we might not have thought of using. (See my post on Fractured Triangles for more examples).
How to Become A Quilt Tester — Video Tutorials
I’ve gotten a lot of questions recently about pattern testing:
- How do I become a tester?
- What’s expected?
- Do I have to be a master quilter or can a confident beginner do this?
- Is it a labor of love or do testers get paid?
- Suppose I can’t complete the project–will I be able to test for anyone ever again?
If you have been wondering about quilt pattern testing, check out my video tutorial–I hope it answers many of your questions.
Here is a handout with an Action Plan — download and print while viewing the videos. Awesome Tester Notes
In the videos, I cover:
- What Is Quilt Pattern Testing
- What Testers Receive from Designers
- What Testers Do & Skills Needed
- How To Find And Choose Opportunities
- What To Do When Life Happens
Link to Part 1 Video.
Link to Part 2 Video.
If you ever tested a pattern, feel free to share the highlights of your experience.
If you have questions, ask and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.
MY TESTER ROSTER
I am adding a few testers to my roster for upcoming 2020 projects. If you’re interested in joining my list of testers, email me directly to introduce yourself . Email me at info [at] modernquilter.us.