UPDATE: SUMMER 2021 SESSION IS FULL . NEW DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED LATER THIS YEAR TO MY NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS SO BE SURE TO SIGN UP.
I have an idea…what if you could participate in a mystery quilt challenge that was an exploration of improvisation and modern quilt design?
What if the mystery quilt did not have a planned pattern? Wait…What!?!!
Are you curious about what you might create? Are you ready for a real mystery quilt challenge?
What if the Improv Modern Mystery Workshop was a virtual experience so that you could participate from the comfort of your own home?
What ‘s Included in the Improv Mystery Quilt Virtual Workshop?
- The Improv Modern Mystery Virtual Workshop will be hosted on Kajabi and kick off with a live Zoom session on May 15, 2021. (There will be a few options for different time zones and one session will be recorded and posted in the class site.) In the Launch Party Zoom, I’ll walk you through the Getting Started modules on selecting a color palette using a color wheel; selecting fabric; supplies and more.
- Starting May 16, and every week for 6 weeks, I will post a video prompt with directions for the next stage of your project in the Kajabi classroom. The video will be a mini-lesson on the technique and design principles for that week. Then, you will use this information to make new sections of the quilt or alter the blocks that you created the week before.
- Weekly prompts will include prerecorded video lessons on color and value, negative space, achieving symmetry and balance and other modern quilting design principles.
- There will be lots of room for you to interpret these prompts in your own unique style.
- There will be a Live Zoom Q&A session in week 3 and in Week 7 as a wrap-up and celebration! (dates and times to be announced) where we can interact and discuss the prompts so far and, most importantly, what you are learning about your style. These sessions will be in small groups so that we can interact. There will be schedule options to accommodate most time zones (including our friends in the UK and Australia). These sessions will not be recorded.
Be prepared to make radical decisions along the way! This Workshop will have some surprises for you.
Who is this Workshop for?
- Confident Beginner Quilters (basic knowledge of quilt construction)
- Any level of quilter looking to explore improvisation with guidance
- Any level of quilter with a real passion for exploring and finding their unique voice