I am now offering LIVE online quilt classes, lectures and workshops for Guilds, Shops and Groups.
This is exciting news in light of the challenges of scheduling face-to-face large group events. Your organization can bring new learning experiences to each member virtually and they can attend from the comfort of their own home sewing room.
NOT A MEMBER OF A GUILD? NO WORRIES!!
If you have a group of friends who might be interested in scheduling a class or lecture, contact me to talk about what your group would like to do. I can handle all of the registration for you so your group does not have to worry about collecting funds. And, if your group is very small, we can discuss opening your event up to the public to meet the required minim.
LIVE VIRTUAL LECTURE AND TRUNK SHOW
A presentation and interactive discussion about ‘What Makes a Modern Quilt Modern?”. In addition to showing photos of modern quilts, I also show actual quilts and talk in more detail about quilting and binding a modern quilt. This interactive talk and trunk show introduces quilters of all backgrounds to the modern quilt movement. Intimidated by modern quilts or just confused or curious about this emerging trend in quilting? Carole dispels some of the myths and misunderstandings so you can understand and appreciate this new style of creative quilty expression! There will be lots of time for questions and answers.
The Lecture and Trunk Show is conducted over Zoom using a private password secured link for all Guild members. Guild manages registration and provides Carole with a list of registrant names and emails so that we can send them the log in link. Carole’s Virtual Assistant will manage log in and assist with technical issues at start of session.
LIVE WORKSHOPS: ONE DAY LIVE QUILT CLASS
I can schedule a day long workshop of your choice for a maximum of 18 students. Contact me for pricing — info [at] modernquilting [dot] us. Or contact me through this page.
Format: The class is a combination of live and prerecorded videos.
- Day long class is conducted over Zoom. I conduct demonstrations and tutorials and I am with you all day to coach and answer questions.
- A few days before the class, students will have access to a private online classroom with prerecorded video tutorials and PDF materials for pre-work. This will help your group get ready to make the maximum use of their sewing time.
- Workshop hours are 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Guild’s time zone and includes a lunch break. PDFs will be emailed to all participants: (1) Supply List and (2) Patterns (cost included in registration fee).
- PREWORK: For selected classes, participants will view short videos on prework and fabric selection on my private class site. Site opens 2 weeks before the scheduled class.
- Guild manages registration and provides Carole with a list of registrant names and emails so that we can send them the log in link. Carole’s Virtual Assistant will manage log in and assist with technical issues at start of session.
LIVE TWO DAY WORKSHOP CONDUCTED OVER ZOOM
I can work with your Guild to create two day or ‘mini retreat’ workshop schedule. The ‘live event’ time can be adjusted to accommodate the group.
Workshop will be conducted in the Time Zone of the Guild (including international locations). The class will be scheduled over a two day period and I can accommodate up to 40 students per class. Registration is directly through my website. A guaranteed minimum of 15 students is required. If Sponsoring Guild does not meet the minimum, or if additional seats are available, the Guild and I can open it up to the public or choose to cancel the event.
- Format: The class is a combination live sessions and sew on your own.
- Live Zoom tutorials and show & tell sessions
- Access to a private online classroom with prerecorded video tutorials and PDF materials (prework).
- This format is the best of both worlds–a live session with the time to ‘sew on your own’ in your own sewing room in small groups. It’s like being on retreat and sitting with a small group.
SAMPLE Two Day Schedule
- 2 weeks before class start, Private Classroom opens: Upon registration, students will receive links to the private classroom so that they can review supply list and pre-recorded videos to help with prework and fabric selection. Students also receive the Zoom link for the live sessions and Supply List.
- Class Day 1 – Morning : All day Live Zoom session begins with an overview of the class and Carole’s live tutorials. Student move into small group Zoom rooms and begin sewing on their own. Carole visits the Zoom Rooms for coaching and questions.
- Class Day 1- Afternoon: Full group meets for additional live tutorials and Q&A. Students return to Zoom Rooms to continue sewing. Carole visits the Zoom Rooms for coaching and questions.
- Class Day 2-Morning: Session opens with full group discussion/ Q&A. Student move into small group Zoom rooms and continue sewing on their own. Carole visits the Zoom Rooms for coaching and questions.
- Class Day 2—Late Afternoon: Carole conducts tutorials on quilting and binding a modern quilt. Final Q&A and Closing.
- Class Day 2: Workshop ends at 5 p.m.
Ready to Book a Live Online Lecture or Quilt Class or Want More Information?
I am scheduling Virtual Guild events in 2020 and early 2021. Email me at email@example.com if your Guild would like to host a workshop or a lecture. We can schedule a Zoom meeting to discuss the best option for your Guild. Or contact me through this page.
Interested in My Public On Demand and Live Workshops?
I offer workshops that are open to the public–no guild membership is required. Click these links to find out more and to register for upcoming sessions.