My goal is to make steady progress in writing and doing an initial graphic layout of my first quilt book.
Well, here’s my first ‘quilt book progress update’. I just finished inputting the text and images for the introduction chapter and the first project!!
Today, I taught myself how to use the Scissors tool to slice up block layouts (I created the blocks in EQ7 and Inkscape) so I could show how to rearrange the pieces for the fracturing process.
So in this example, here’s what I created for one of the instructions for the Fractured 9 Patch Quilt:
When I ran into a problem, I just slowed down, read a couple of tutorials, and then I just figured it out all by my little self. I love, love, love this software!!
Next projects will go so much faster now that I have sort of gotten the hang of it. I have to confess that I am a bit of a software Fan Girl, and I am so thrilled when a powerful product is created to be so user friendly for novices like me!
Posting these updates will keep me accountable. And, I hope that sharing my learning about using InDesign, I’ll inspire other quilt pattern designers to jump in.