SEPTEMBER 2021 WORKSHOP REGISTRATION IS NOW LIVE!
Workshop runs from September through November 2021.
Workshop Fee: $199 US
I HAD an idea…what if you could participate in a virtual mystery quilt challenge that was an exploration of improvisation and modern quilt design?
What if the mystery quilt did not have a planned pattern? Wait…What!?!!
Are you curious about what you might create? Are you ready for a real mystery quilt challenge?
What if the Improv Modern Mystery Workshop was a virtual experience so that you could participate from the comfort of your own home?
What ‘s Included in the Improv Mystery Quilt Virtual Workshop?
This is a COMBINATION workshop with on-demand lessons and a LIVE Zoom session included.
- The Improv Modern Mystery Virtual Workshop will be hosted on a private classroom site so that you can work through the modules from the comfort of your home sewing space.
- Starting September 19, I will post a Prompt with directions for the next stage of your project in the classroom. The Prompt will include tutorials on the techniques and design principles for that week. Then, you will use this information to make new sections of your project or alter the sections that you created the week before.
- Weekly prompts will include prerecorded video lessons on color and value, negative space, achieving symmetry and balance, minimalism and other modern quilting design principles.
- There will be lots of room for you to interpret these prompts in your own unique style.
- The workshop includes a Community Forum right in our workshop space. There you will be able to connect and interact with other students taking the Improv Modern Mystery Workshop. I also check in frequently to join in the conversation.
- There will be a Live Zoom Q&A session in week 4 on October 17, 2021 where we can interact and discuss the prompts so far and, most importantly, what you are learning about your style. This session will be in small groups so that we can interact. There will be schedule options to accommodate most time zones (including our friends in the UK and Australia). These sessions will not be recorded.
- You will have access to the videos and other materials for one year.
Be prepared to make radical decisions along the way! This Workshop will have some surprises for you.
What Previous Students Say About this Workshop!
- “All I can say is DO THIS! You’ll learn a ton and make something (maybe many things) you wouldn’t have done otherwise! I’m still finishing mine, but it a labor of love! I see it as a never-ending font of potential inspiration!” JB
- “For my attempt at minimalism I wanted to work with circles and line in a monochrome palette since I haven’t worked too much with curves. This is only my 3rd improv quilt, and I’m really loving the process! ” LB
- “[I] found everything I needed in my stash. I really loved my monochromatic studies so decided to make them the focus of my creation. The white background is not the most innovative neutral, but I was able to use up some leftover fabrics, which is always a good thing. Lots of fun!” PD
Who is this Workshop for?
- Confident Beginner Quilters (basic knowledge of quilt construction)
- Any level of quilter looking to explore improvisation with guidance
- Any level of quilter with a real passion for exploring and finding their unique voice
What Happens After I Register?
You will receive a link to sign in to our private classroom on my Kajabi site. You will have immediate access to the Welcome and Getting Started materials. You will have access to this classroom and the Community forum for six full months.
Cancellation and Technology Policy
Students receive immediate access to workshop materials upon payment of registration fees. Therefore, no refunds or substitutions are allowed. Registration fee is for one individual student. Students must have a device with a working camera and microphone that can be activated upon request for live sessions. Please be sure to download the Zoom app from www.Zoom.us. No sharing, recording or screen capturing of any aspect of the workshop is allowed.