My Journey To Modern Quilting Live Lecture
I now conduct live online lectures for quilt guilds, shops and groups! My lectures are conducted live over Zoom using a private password secured link for all members. If you are interested in scheduling me for a lecture, please contact me.
This lecture and trunk show is the story of my love of modern quilting—starting with modern quilts that I made in the early 2000s. There will be lots of time for questions and answers. In addition to the lecture (slides), I also show some of my quilts ‘in person’ on my design wall and table.
Please note that I do not cover modern quilt design principles in depth—general familiarity with modern quilting is a prerequisite.
Lecture topics include:
- Artistic and quilter influences on my modern quilts
- Early explorations of high contrast and minimalist palettes
- MidCentury Modern design influences
- AfroModerne quilts – cultural heritage and modernism
- The Future of Modern Quilting — From Where I Stand